
This website www.bt-3d.de showcases artist Tim Borgmann’s work such as 3d graphic, animation, and digital art. The homepage consist of 8 main label links across the top with image links along the left side, and a horizontal ban on top. The hierarchy and focal point are definitely the images of Tim’s work which continues on to the third level of the site. The look of the website stays pretty consistent by having the images as the focal point and text is kept at a minute scale. I think the site is simple to navigate despite the fact the text seems cluttered and of less importance. Some of the text links can be hard to read and navigate because of the lack of emphasis in relation to other text. One feature I found unsuccessful is some links tend to open separate tabs as oppose of keeping the user on the same page. Also the layout and design of the site, I felt needs improvement. The layout is fairly simple but seems unbalanced by having images on one side and small packed text on the other. The design also could be improve especially the title which makes it hard know what exactly the user is looking at and maybe use different font types or font sizes which can help read the site much better. Obliviously this website is mainly focused on the art and images of Tim Borgmann which I think are very superb and work well with the white background. I think the white space works well because the images are just full with color variation and are very powerful. In addition I think it makes sense that it uses more images than anything but feel it can be more compelling by having a better composition and editing some of the text. Overall I rate the website a 6.5 from a 1-10 scale and would just improve on some of the issues I mentioned. Lastly, another feature I thought worked was the resolution of the images. I appreciated the image size because it allowed me to see interesting details of his work and kept me in the website for a longer period of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment