
The first time I came across this website, I founded very interesting. The website www.big.dk is a site of architects from Copenhagen. The navigation system is fun and interesting because the links are these colorful illustrated icons that represent a project that the firm worked on or build. When hovering on the icons an image of the project is shown which facilitates the users navigation experience because it allows them to see the project before hand. This also can help speed the navigation process when the user is trying to find a specific project as oppose to clicking on every link to find the project. The hierarchy and focal point of the site has to be the colorful icons that appear on the home page which then link you to images of the project. The layout and design I find to be successful because of the many colors and icons they use. The white background and grid layout also helps the icons read clearly and facilitates the navigation process. The site is really simple to navigate; the only links are the colored icons that populate the homepage which then links you to the actual images of the each project. This site also uses a lot of images to illustrate the process of every project and physical models that they built. Everything on this site is very blocky as was the text. I thought the text font worked really well with the design and structure layout of the site because of the rigid theme. This is also another site I found that didn’t utilize a lot graphic design because of the many colors the icons and images had. Having a lot of images worked really well and made sense for the site because of the type of company it is. Overall some of the most successful features I found were the design simplicity, the usage of images, and the little use of text. When navigating through the site text doesn’t become important because the images are diagram very clearly. In addition, there were also icons that were interactive which I found it to be a successful feature because it draws users to navigate and explore the site for longer time periods. Finally, I think it could be really interesting and fun if website would just saturated the homepage with these more colorful icons which can make it more catchy and excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment