Saturday, January 24, 2009

suckerPunch


One website that I visit daily is www.suckerpunchdaily.com and it’s mainly a website that shows the work of contemporary artist, architects, and designers who offer stunningly unexpected and beautiful skills. The design of the website is probably as simple as one can get. It has a white background which I am a fan of white space, with images of artist’s work, and a brief description. The hierarchy of this website is the work these artist and the title text “suckerPunch.” There’s no navigation links on this website besides where the user can click on the image and more images of the project display. I think having more links to these artists could have helped in knowing more about who they are and their work. It has a simple layout throughout the page; images on the middle of the page, text on the left of the image, and artist name on the bottom left hand corner. Color is kept to a minimum where only the images give the color to this website. Overall “suckerpunch” is an easy website to navigate and seems that the main focus is the artist work. I think this website is kept in this simple format because it wants to draw the users strictly to the work and nothing else. I come to this website daily because I enjoy seeing other peoples work and also serves as inspiration. Several things I would do to improve this website is have more links to these artists work, have a description of what this website is and what they’re all about, and have a section where people can leave comments to their work. I like the white background and the simplicity because it draws the user to the beautiful imagery of these artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment