Saturday, January 24, 2009

NikeId


The website www.nikeid.nike.com is a well known website for buying and customizing sport apparel like basketball, baseball, football, soccer, running, and track in field. The website navigation is one that must be looked at first before beginning to navigate due to its abundant use of color and name groups. Although there’s a lot going on, it’s fairly easy to navigate through the website. The amount of pictures and text is kept consistent through all levels of the site which helps knowing where you at in the site. I think it does it great job in being able to access any page within the site at anytime and managing from any uncertainties. Every link has a well balance use of content and manages to have the product of advertisement be the hierarchy of each link. The image being the product versus the text is well balanced and makes it easy to read because of the use of black background, the text is primarily white, and the product uses multiple colors. They don’t tend to use a lot of bold headings but have size differentiation in labels of navigation which reads well in helping user find information on that label. Another feature I like about this site is the structure of the site. They use a simple grid layout that helps user navigate and find labels very easily. I think they used this simple layout because of the amount of information and products they have and the different age groups they cater to. I think this website is about imagery and color because their products consist of many different colors and also allows the user to customize and be a “designer” of their own shoe, bag, shirt, etc. One of the main attractions I thought was the color palette bar in the home page, where it allows you to click on your color preference which then links you to products of that color and lets you continue altering other color features. I think overall this website does a good job in advertising what they’re all about and have useful information for their audience to know what “nikeid” has to offer. Its hard to say what could be done to improve this site, but since I’ve been to one of their stores in London, I would improve it by including products that I saw in the store that aren’t advertised in their website. Graphically, I think it’s simple and legible considering the amount of links and products they offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment